Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good Site Gone Down

I'm very excited for this weekend to come...because I'm going to Dubai. I wanted to make it extra special and decided to check out what one of my favorite UAE websites have to offer....Blue Banana...a site that lets you browse through all kinds of creative activities you can choose ..and they actually let you purchase them online. These included a private dinner on the beach for two, or learning how to fly a plane among other fun/romantic/crazy ideas..you name it, they had it! I haven't checked the site for a long time because I've not really had time to visit Dubai, but to my shock the site wouldn't open up...it's like it never existed...I googled the site and my eyes blinked...this article is saying the sites down because the the guy behind it ran away! The company has gone bankrupt! The article is pretty interesting though because the CEO, Simon Ford...has atleast written a statement in which he promises to return all the borrowed money and feels really sad about leaving Dubai. For some reason...I don't see him as a criminal I just don't get how the hell he got bankrupt, all he had to do was see what the user chose as a gift, and organize it for him/her while profiting from it! Here is part of what he has written:
“Tragically, the debt of the business reached a level on Thursday 18 June that personal threats were being made against me and my family, which left me no choice but to leave four years of passion behind and take my family out of the country.
I am not running away from debt, I am purely protecting those dearest to me and getting out of a country which, due to the lack of structured bankruptcy laws and a banking system which has zero flexibility on loan repayments, drives people to make horrible decisions.”
So sad.
It really was a great website. RIP Blue Banana :/

3 comments:

  1. Weee, 7asafa

    I was so anticipating a crazy activity you booked or something..

    Enjoy Dubai babes oo keep posting ;*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like " This Blog has gone down " HA! =P

    ReplyDelete